Monday, January 17, 2011

Beauty Run Mondays

For this Monday's Beauty Run, I picked up a few essentials, which have been running low in my beauty cabinet.

1. False Eyelashes
My three utmost must haves when it comes to eye make up are: eyeliner, mascara (important as the air we breathe), and false lashes. Not that I use them on a daily basis, but if I don't have lashes on my make up shelves. I go into a panic. It has become a sort of security blanket, mostly because of the ease of knowing that you can completely alter the way you look with just a lash. I love the fuller, more glamourous, sexy feel it gives you.

There are many different types of false lashes on the market but I always go for more natural and luxe lashes which gives an eye opening effect without being too dramatic and heavy. I bought three types today, the one from Hollywood Lashes which have a thicker setting in the middle of the lashes, and criss-cross ones and straight up natural ones from Spring Heart. All available from Glow Plaza Indonesia and the Guardian drugstore.




2. Kerastase Bain Prevention Shampoo
As I am a frequent hair washer, Kerastase Specifique's range is perfect. It cares for the hair, without overdrying and making it prone to loss, and it's safe to use daily.



3. Limited Edition Rose Des Neiges Body Cream from L'occitane
The gorgeous L'Occitane Rose des Neiges Body Cream is part of the limited edition range from L'Occitane's Magic Tree this Christmas. I've passes it many times during the Christmas season, but as my usual almond lotion was still full, there was not a need yet for replacement. Once I tested this lotion out though, I instantly fell in love. I was on the lookout for a light, but buttery textured body cream that is fragrant to last throughout the whole day. (I found the almond's scent to disappear quite quickly).

Verdict: The Rose des Neiges scent is sweet and floral. As the description reads, "it is inspired by a velvety white winter rose and enriched with sweet almond oil and rose absolute. It is a smooth body cream, which will help to nourish and perfume the skin with a delicate, flowery fragrance. It leaves a subtle iridescent veil on the body" I love the rose scent, which is apparent but not over empowering or too common. It also gives off a beautiful sheen. As a plus, intentional or not, I love how it's packaged in a cupcake reminiscent glass cup. Beautiful, thoughtful packaging just makes everything that bit better.






No comments:

Post a Comment